Lynne: First of all, let us say thank you to Riley and Michael of Beth Muscat’s Remember the Eyes trilogy for inviting us to participate in this fun game.
Connor: You call this fun?
Lynne: Humor me, love.
1. What do you call your underwear? Do you have any commonly used nicknames for them?
Connor: I call them unnecessary.
Lynne: I call mine lost, because they usually are. I’ve often wondered if you throw them away.
Connor: Not my fault! Talk to your son.
Lynne: Kiwi’s always my son when he’s doing something wrong.
Connor: If that were the case, he’d be your son ninety percent of the time.
Lynne: Only ninety percent?
Connor: He’s a perfect angel when he’s asleep.
2. Have you ever had that common dream of being in a public place wearing only your underwear?
Lynne: Actually, I had that dream the night before we met. I had to give a lecture in London–that’s how we met, remember?
Connor: How could I forget?
3. What’s the worst thing you can think of from which to make underwear?
Connor: Duct tape!
Lynne: Duct tape!
4. If you were a pair of underwear, what color would you be?
Connor: This is absurd!
Lynne: Play along. You might actually enjoy it.
Lynne: Sapphire blue.
5. Have either of you ever thrown your undies at a celebrity? If so, which one? If not, who would you throw them at, given the opportunity?
Lynne: No, but I’ve thrown them at Connor on occasion.
Connor: That’s how she lets me know she’s in the mood.
6. You’re out of clean underwear. What do you do?
Lynne: I borrow Connor’s.
Connor: I go commando. And that’s the reason why.
7. If you could have any message printed on your undies, what would it be?
Lynne: Come and Get It!
Connor: Don’t Start What You Can’t Finish.
8. Are your old enough to remember Underoos? If so, did you have any?
Lynne: They still make them, don’t they? I think Kiwi would enjoy them.
Connor: Kiwi would probably throw them out the window on the interstate in rush hour traffic….
9. How many bloggers does it take to put underwear on a goat?
Lynne: Five. I know because I participated in a goat makeover in college. It was the night before the biggest game of the year, and the opposing team’s mascot was a goat. They were completely humiliated when their mascot ran out onto the football field decked out in Victoria’s Secret!
Connor rolls his eyes….
Lynne: Now, wasn’t this fun?
Connor: Oh, of course it was….
Lynne: Now to pass the challenge along to the next participants–
At that moment, their two-year-old son, Daniel, nicknamed “Kiwi,” comes running through the room with one of Lynne’s bras on his head. He’s laughing as Connor and Lynne start chasing him….
Keith Jarrett and the Contessa of William Kendall’s blogs
Sandy and Nick from Beth Muscat’s Wildflower
Aislinn and Alaric from Beth Muscat’s The Bracelet